|Sunday||2pm - 10pm|
|Monday||8am - 10pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 10pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 10pm|
|Thursday||8am - 10pm|
|Friday||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday||8am - 6pm|
Size: 126,000 square feet on three floors
Opened: January 15, 2014
The New Main Library houses more than 500,000 books, movies, electronic resources and circulating artwork in its collection.
The Main Library is also the location of the Career Center. Funded by the Baton Rouge Area Foundation, the Career Center provides free services to assist clients in career transition to become their own career managers through self-help with professional guidance.
Beyond the many Storytime, activity, study and meeting rooms, the facility also includes:
• Quiet reading room,
• Meeting room with a capacity for 300,
• 140 personal computers
• Technology Lab (plus free WiFi throughout)
• Donated stained glass windows designed by artist Jon Emerson
• Recycled paper waterfall spanning three floors
• LED light displays in the Children’s and Teen rooms
• Baton Rouge Room
• Genealogy Collection
• Career Center
The Main Library is located at 7711 Goodwood Boulevard between Lobdell Avenue and East Airport Boulevard.